This text covers topics ranging from structure and bonding in organic compounds to functional groups and their properties; identification of functional groups by infrared spectroscopy; organic reaction mechanisms; structures and reactions of alkanes and cycloalkanes; nucleophilic substitution and elimination reactions; conjugated alkenes and allylic systems; electrophilic aromatic substitution; carboxylic acids; and synthetic polymers. Throughout the book, principles logically evolve from one to the next, from the simplest to the most complex examples, with abundant connections between the text and real world applications. There are extensive examples of biological relevance, along with a chapter on organometallic chemistry not found in other standard references.
You may also like
This Organic Chem Survival Manual, 9e presents the basic techniques of the organic chemistry laboratory with an emphasis on doing the work correctly the first...
The inclusion of small guest molecules within suitable host compounds results in constrained systems that imbue novel properties upon the incarcerated organic...
Smith’s Organic Chemistry continues to breathe new life into the organic chemistry world. This new sixth edition retains its popular delivery of organic...
- Thermal Physics Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics for Scientists and Engineers by Robert Floyd Sekerka PDF
- Theoretical Physics 3rd Edition by Georg Joos PDF
- Clinical Handbook of Feline Behavior Medicine by Elizabeth Stelow PDF
- Chemistry Structure and Dynamics, 5th Edition by James N. Spencer PDF
- Physics of Magnetic Nanostructures by Frank J. Owens PDF