It covers the core information required by pharmacy students to understand the action of modern drugs on the human body.The third edition is larger than the previous edition and includes a new chapter on licensing of drugs and medicines which describes the make up and function of important committees such as the Commission of Human Medicines and the British Pharmacopoeia Commission. This includes material that is within the public domain and explains the process of getting a drug to market.The majority of the chapters include more worked examples/tutorial examples and the chapter on Analytical spectroscopy has been updated to include “qualitative” spectroscopic methods especially NMR, mass spectroscopy and some IR and the chapter on Stability of drugs and medicines has been updated to include a major section on “prodrugs” which are inactive compounds designed to decompose within the body to release the active moiety.
You may also like
Now fully revised, this acclaimed textbook efficiently links basic biochemistry with the day-to-day practice of medicine. You will learn basic science concepts...
This book gives a comprehensive overview about medicinal inorganic chemistry. Topics like targeting strategies, mechanism of action, Pt-based antitumor drugs...
- Physics of Magnetic Nanostructures by Frank J. Owens PDF
- Encyclopedia of Interfacial Chemistry Surface Science and Electrochemistry by Klaus Wandelt Vol 1 – Vol 7 PDF
- Basic Semiconductor Physics Chihiro Hamaguchi
- Basic Semiconductor Physics by Chihiro Hamaguchi 3rd Edition
- Foundations of Modern Physics by Steven Weinberg PDF