This book provides a thorough introduction to functional analysis and includes many novel elements as well as the standard topics. A short course on nonsmooth analysis and geometry completes the first half of the book whilst the second half concerns the calculus of variations and optimal control. The author provides a comprehensive course on these subjects, from their inception through to the present. A notable feature is the inclusion of recent, unifying developments on regularity, multiplier rules, and the Pontryagin maximum principle, which appear here for the first time in a textbook. Other major themes include existence and Hamilton-Jacobi methods.
You may also like
Provides review of mathematical concepts, advice on using graphing calculators, test-taking tips, and full-length sample exams with explanatory answers.
Sharpen your test‑taking skills with 12 full‑length practice tests 4 AB practice tests and 4 BC practice tests in the book, including one diagnostic test each...
Anton, Bivens & Davis latest issue of Calculus Early Transcendentals Single Variable continues to build upon previous editions to fulfill the needs of a...
- Nutrition for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses by Ann Wortinger PDF
- Modern Physics 4th Edition by Kenneth S. Krane PDF
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers with Modern Physics 9th Edition by Raymond A. Serway PDF
- Elementary Textbook on Physics Vol 1by Landsberg PDF
- Introduction to Particle Physics by Dong Sheng Du PDF