A concise treatment of topics from group theory and representation theory for use in a one-term course. Focussing on the non-commutative side of the field, this advanced textbook emphasizes the general linear group as the most important group and example. Readers are expected to be familiar with groups, rings, and fields, and to have a solid knowledge of linear algebra. Close to 200 exercises of varying difficulty serve both to reinforce the main concept of the text and to introduce the reader to additional topics.
You may also like
Number theory has a long and distinguished history and the concepts and problems relating to the subject have been instrumental in the foundation of much of...
- Chemistry, 4th Edition by Catherine E. Housecroft PDF
- Mathematics for Physics and physicists by Walter Appel PDF
- Nutrition for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses by Ann Wortinger PDF
- Modern Physics 4th Edition by Kenneth S. Krane PDF
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers with Modern Physics 9th Edition by Raymond A. Serway PDF