Graduate students in mathematics, who want to travel light, will find this book invaluable; impatient young researchers in other fields will enjoy it as an instant reference to the highlights of modern analysis. Starting with general topology, it moves on to normed and seminormed linear spaces. From there it gives an introduction to the general theory of operators on Hilbert space, followed by a detailed exposition of the various forms the spectral theorem may take; from Gelfand theory, via spectral measures, to maximal commutative von Neumann algebras. The book concludes with two supplementary chapters: a concise account of unbounded operators and their spectral theory, and a complete course in measure and integration theory from an advanced point of view.
You may also like
The book provides a comprehensive introduction to the mathematical theory of nonlinear problems described by elliptic partial differential equations. These...
This volume presents in a unified manner both classic as well as modern research results devoted to trigonometric sums. Such sums play an integral role in the...
Master the fundamentals of discrete mathematics and proof-writing with Mathematics A Discrete Introduction 3rd Edition With a clear presentation, the...
- Text Book of Integral Calculus by A.K. Sharma PDF
- Vibration in Continuous Media by Jean Louis Guyader PDF
- Kurzweil Henstock Integral in Riesz Spaces by Antonio Boccuto PDF
- Set Theory With an Introduction to Real Point Sets by Abhijit Dasgupta PDF
- Elementary introduction to the Lebesgue integral by Steven G. Krantz PDF