This graduate level textbook covers an especially broad range of topics. The book first offers a careful discussion of the basics of linear algebra. It then proceeds to a discussion of modules, emphasizing a comparison with vector spaces, and presents a thorough discussion of inner product spaces, eigenvalues, eigenvectors, and finite dimensional spectral theory, culminating in the finite dimensional spectral theorem for normal operators. The new edition has been revised and contains a chapter on the QR decomposition, singular values and pseudoinverses, and a chapter on convexity, separation and positive solutions to linear systems.
You may also like
Number theory has a long and distinguished history and the concepts and problems relating to the subject have been instrumental in the foundation of much of...
- Nutrition for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses by Ann Wortinger PDF
- Modern Physics 4th Edition by Kenneth S. Krane PDF
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers with Modern Physics 9th Edition by Raymond A. Serway PDF
- Elementary Textbook on Physics Vol 1by Landsberg PDF
- Introduction to Particle Physics by Dong Sheng Du PDF