This volume offers a new, hands-on approach to teaching Discrete Mathematics. A simple functional language is used to allow students to experiment with mathematical notations which are traditionally difficult to pick up. This practical approach provides students with instant feedback and also allows lecturers to monitor progress easily. All the material needed to use the book will be available via ftp (the software is freely available and runs on Mac, PC and Unix platforms), including a special module which implements the concepts to be learned.No prior knowledge of Functional Programming is required: apart from List Comprehension (which is comprehensively covered in the text) everything the students need is either provided for them or can be picked up easily as they go along. An Instructors Guide will also be available on the WWW to help lecturers adapt existing courses.
You may also like
January 10, 2023
Tensors and methods of differential geometry are very useful mathematical tools in many fields of modern physics and computational engineering including...
- Organic Chemistry Global 10th Edition PDF
- The Fractional Calculus Theory and Applications of Differentiation and Integration to Arbitrary Order PDF
- Large Dairy Herd Management 3rd Edition PDF
- Essential Practical NMR for Organic Chemistry 2nd Edition PDF
- Practical Lambing and Lamb Care 4th Edition PDF