Where are we ever going to use this? Every high school math student has asked this question. Often teachers themselves aren’t sure how to respond. One answer is that higher mathematics learned in high school will be essential to learning yet more at the college level. A more satisfactory answer calls for an awareness of how math is applied in many specific areas. Written primarily for teachers, this book presents hundreds of practical applications for mathematics–from baseball statistics to the theory of relativity–that can be understood by anyone with a knowledge of high school algebra, geometry and trigonometry.
You may also like
Integral Points on Algebraic Varieties An Introduction to Diophantine Geometry by Pietro Corvaja PDF
This book is intended to be an introduction to Diophantine geometry. The central theme of the book is to investigate the distribution of integral points on...
Most abstract algebra texts begin with groups, then proceed to rings and fields. While groups are the logically simplest of the structures, the motivation for...
Is there anything more beautiful than an A in Algebra Not to the Lial team! Marge Lial, John Hornsby, and Terry McGinnis write their textbooks and accompanying...
- Nutrition for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses by Ann Wortinger PDF
- Modern Physics 4th Edition by Kenneth S. Krane PDF
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers with Modern Physics 9th Edition by Raymond A. Serway PDF
- Elementary Textbook on Physics Vol 1by Landsberg PDF
- Introduction to Particle Physics by Dong Sheng Du PDF