1. The Inverse of a Nonsingular Matrix It is well known that every nonsingular matrix A has a unique inverse, ?1 denoted by A , such that ?1 ?1 AA = A A =I, (1) where I is the identity matrix. Of the numerous properties of the inverse matrix, we mention a few. Thus, ?1 ?1 (A ) = A, T ?1 ?1 T (A ) =(A ) , ? ?1 ?1 ? (A ) =(A ) , ?1 ?1 ?1 (AB) = B A , T ? where A and A , respectively, denote the transpose and conjugate tra- pose of A. It will be recalled that a real or complex number ? is called an eigenvalue of a square matrix A, and a nonzero vector x is called an eigenvector of A corresponding to ?,if Ax = ?x. ?1 Another property of the inverse A is that its eigenvalues are the recip- cals of those of A. 2. Generalized Inverses of Matrices A matrix has an inverse only if it is square, and even then only if it is nonsingular or, in other words, if its columns (or rows) are linearly in- pendent. In recent years needs have been felt in numerous areas of applied mathematics for some kind of partial inverse of a matrix that is singular or even rectangular.
Generalized Inverses Theory and Applications Free Download
April 20, 2022
You may also like
Solution Manual to Principles of Mathematical Analysis 3rd Edition PDF
March 25, 2023
This is a complete solution guide to all exercises in Rudin’s Principles of Mathematical Analysis. The features of this book are as follows: It covers...
Student Solutions Manual for Mathematical Methods for Physics and Engineering 3rd Edition PDF
March 25, 2023
The third edition of this highly acclaimed undergraduate textbook is suitable for teaching all the mathematics for an undergraduate course in any of the...
The theory of integration is one of the twin pillars on which analysis is built. The first version of integration that students see is the Riemann integral...
- Text Bank Physics 5th Edition Volume 1 and 2 PDF
- Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging The Dog and Cat PDF
- Solution Manual to Principles of Mathematical Analysis 3rd Edition PDF
- Student Solutions Manual for Mathematical Methods for Physics and Engineering 3rd Edition PDF
- Matrices and Vector Spaces Essential Student Algebra PDF