Natural Products Isolation provides a comprehensive introduction to techniques for the extraction and purification of natural products from all biological sources. The book opens with an introduction to separations and chromatography and discusses the approach to an isolation. Experienced experimentalists describe a wide array of methods for isolation of both known and unknown natural products, including initial extraction, open column chromatography, HPLC, countercurrent and planar chromatography, SFE, and crystallisation. Later chapters address specific issues in working with plants, marine organisms, water-soluble compounds, as well as scale-up, dereplication and follow-up of a natural product lead. For the less experienced, these chapters provide background information and hands-on advice – using real examples – about how to approach an extraction in general, when and how to apply a particular technique and how to modify conditions according to the nature of the compound being isolated.
You may also like
- Chemistry, 4th Edition by Catherine E. Housecroft PDF
- Mathematics for Physics and physicists by Walter Appel PDF
- Nutrition for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses by Ann Wortinger PDF
- Modern Physics 4th Edition by Kenneth S. Krane PDF
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers with Modern Physics 9th Edition by Raymond A. Serway PDF