This book contains a selection of more than 500 mathematical problems and their solutions from the PhD qualifying examination papers of more than ten famous American universities. The mathematical problems cover six aspects of graduate school mathematics: Algebra, Topology, Differential Geometry, Real Analysis, Complex Analysis and Partial Differential Equations. While the depth of knowledge involved is not beyond the contents of the textbooks for graduate students, discovering the solution of the problems requires a deep understanding of the mathematical principles plus skilled techniques. For students, this book is a valuable complement to textbooks. Whereas for lecturers teaching graduate school mathematics, it is a helpful reference.
You may also like
Finding and interpreting the solutions of differential equations is a central and essential part of applied mathematics. This book aims to enable the reader to...
Differential forms satisfying the A-harmonic equations have found wide applications in fields such as general relativity, theory of elasticity, quasiconformal...
- Calculus with Applications, 11th Edition by Margaret L. Lial PDF
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers with Modern Physics 4th Edition PDF
- Precalculus 6th Edition by Margaret Lial PDF
- Mechanics of Materials, 8th Edition by Ferdinand Beer PDF
- Calculus Concepts and Contexts 2nd Edition by James Stewart PDF