Introduction to the Calculus of Variations and Control with Modern Applications provides the fundamental background required to develop rigorous necessary conditions that are the starting points for theoretical and numerical approaches to modern variational calculus and control problems. The book also presents some classical sufficient conditions and discusses the importance of distinguishing between the necessary and sufficient conditions. In the first part of the text, the author develops the calculus of variations and provides complete proofs of the main results. He explains how the ideas behind the proofs are essential to the development of modern optimization and control theory. Focusing on optimal control problems, the second part shows how optimal control is a natural extension of the classical calculus of variations to more complex problems.
You may also like
Calculus with Applications, 11th Edition by Lial, Greenwell, and Ritchey, is our most applied text to date, making the math relevant and accessible for...
James Stewart’s well-received Calculus Concepts and Contexts 2nd Edition by James Stewart follows in the path of the other best-selling books by this...
- Mathematics with Applications in the Management, Natural, and Social Sciences 11th Edition by Margaret L. Lial PDF
- Intermediate Algebra 2nd Edition by Margaret L Lial PDF
- Mad About Modern Physics Braintwisters, Paradoxes, and Curiosities by Franklin Potter PDF
- Calculus with Applications, 11th Edition by Margaret L. Lial PDF
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers with Modern Physics 4th Edition PDF