Eliminating the need for heavy number-crunching, sophisticated mathematical software packages open the door to areas like cryptography, coding theory, and combinatorics that are dependent on abstract algebra. Applications of Abstract Algebra with Maple and MATLAB , Second Edition explores these topics and shows how to apply the software programs to abstract algebra and its related fields. Carefully integrating Maple and MATLAB , this book provides an in-depth introduction to real-world abstract algebraic problems. The first chapter offers a concise and comprehensive review of prerequisite advanced mathematics. The next several chapters examine block designs, coding theory, and cryptography while the final chapters cover counting techniques, including Pólya’s and Burnside’s theorems. Other topics discussed include the Rivest, Shamir, and Adleman (RSA) cryptosystem, digital signatures, primes for security, and elliptic curve cryptosystems.
You may also like
Gain a solid understanding of the principles of trigonometry and how these concepts apply to real life with McKeague/Turner’s Trigonometry. This...
The Golden Ratio examines the presence of this divine number in art and architecture throughout history, as well as its ubiquity among plants, animals, and...
- Mathematics with Applications in the Management, Natural, and Social Sciences 11th Edition by Margaret L. Lial PDF
- Intermediate Algebra 2nd Edition by Margaret L Lial PDF
- Mad About Modern Physics Braintwisters, Paradoxes, and Curiosities by Franklin Potter PDF
- Calculus with Applications, 11th Edition by Margaret L. Lial PDF
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers with Modern Physics 4th Edition PDF