Differential and integral equations involve important mathematical techniques, and as such will be encountered by mathematicians, and physical and social scientists, in their undergraduate courses. This text provides a clear, comprehensive guide to first- and second-order ordinary and partial differential equations, whilst introducing important and useful basic material on integral equations. Readers will encounter detailed discussion of the wave, heat and Laplace equations, of Green’s functions and their application to the Sturm-Liouville equation, and how to use series solutions, transform methods and phase-plane analysis. The calculus of variations will take them further into the world of applied analysis.
You may also like
A wealth of examples to which solutions are given permeate the text so the reader will certainly be active. The Mathematical Gazette This is the final book...
Probability, Stochastic Processes, and Queueing Theory The Mathematics of Computer Performance Modeling PDF
We will occasionally footnote a portion of text with a to indicate Notes on the that this portion can be initially bypassed. The reasons for bypassing a Text...
- Comprehensive Sampling and Sample Preparation Analytical Techniques for Scientists PDF
- Concepts & Calculations in Analytical Chemistry, Featuring the Use of Excel A Spreadsheet Approach PDF
- Editors Hilary Clayton Peter Flood Diana Rosenstein Clinical Anatomy of the Horse, 1st Edition PDF
- Elementary Mathematics from a Higher Standpoint: Volume III Precision Mathematics and Approximation Mathematics PDF
- Exploring Chemical Analysis 4th Edition PDF