Differential Geometry and Its Applications studies the differential geometry of surfaces with the goal of helping students make the transition from the compartmentalized courses in a standard university curriculum to a type of mathematics that is a unified whole. It mixes geometry, calculus, linear algebra, differential equations, complex variables, the calculus of variations, and notions from the sciences. That mix of ideas offers students the opportunity to visualize concepts through the use of computer algebra systems such as Maple. Differential Geometry and Its Applications emphasizes that this visualization goes hand in hand with understanding the mathematics behind the computer construction. The book is rich in results and exercises that form a continuous spectrum, from those that depend on calculation to proofs that are quite abstract.
You may also like
A wealth of examples to which solutions are given permeate the text so the reader will certainly be active. The Mathematical Gazette This is the final book...
Probability, Stochastic Processes, and Queueing Theory The Mathematics of Computer Performance Modeling PDF
We will occasionally footnote a portion of text with a to indicate Notes on the that this portion can be initially bypassed. The reasons for bypassing a Text...
- Real Life Math Everyday Use of Mathematical Concepts PDF
- Good Questions Great Ways to Differentiate Mathematics Instruction, 2nd Edition PDF
- Good Questions Great Ways to Differentiate Mathematics Instruction in the Standards Based Classroom 3rd Edition PDF
- Synergy in Supramolecular Chemistry PDF
- Inorganic Materials Synthesis and Fabrication PDF