This book provides a first, basic introduction into the valuation of financial options via the numerical solution of partial differential equations (PDEs). It provides readers with an easily accessible text explaining main concepts, models, methods and results that arise in this approach. In keeping with the series style, emphasis is placed on intuition as opposed to full rigor, and a relatively basic understanding of mathematics is sufficient. The book provides a wealth of examples, and ample numerical experiments are givento illustrate the theory. The main focus is on one-dimensional financial PDEs, notably the Black-Scholes equation. The book concludes with a detailed discussion of the important step towards two-dimensional PDEs in finance.
You may also like
Gain a solid understanding of the principles of trigonometry and how these concepts apply to real life with McKeague/Turner’s Trigonometry. This...
The Golden Ratio examines the presence of this divine number in art and architecture throughout history, as well as its ubiquity among plants, animals, and...
- Mathematics with Applications in the Management, Natural, and Social Sciences 11th Edition by Margaret L. Lial PDF
- Intermediate Algebra 2nd Edition by Margaret L Lial PDF
- Mad About Modern Physics Braintwisters, Paradoxes, and Curiosities by Franklin Potter PDF
- Calculus with Applications, 11th Edition by Margaret L. Lial PDF
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers with Modern Physics 4th Edition PDF