Designed for a one-semester course in partial differential equations for undergraduate students in engineering, physics, applied mathematics, social science, biology, and other sciences, this text covers separation of variables, Fourier series, classical problems of physics and engineering, Sturm-Liouville eigenvalue problems, power series solutions of variable coefficient ordinary differential equations, and transform methods. Mathematical modeling of physical data and applications are stressed. Previous courses in calculus and ordinary differential equations are required.
You may also like
A wealth of examples to which solutions are given permeate the text so the reader will certainly be active. The Mathematical Gazette This is the final book...
Probability, Stochastic Processes, and Queueing Theory The Mathematics of Computer Performance Modeling PDF
We will occasionally footnote a portion of text with a to indicate Notes on the that this portion can be initially bypassed. The reasons for bypassing a Text...
- Real Life Math Everyday Use of Mathematical Concepts PDF
- Good Questions Great Ways to Differentiate Mathematics Instruction, 2nd Edition PDF
- Good Questions Great Ways to Differentiate Mathematics Instruction in the Standards Based Classroom 3rd Edition PDF
- Synergy in Supramolecular Chemistry PDF
- Inorganic Materials Synthesis and Fabrication PDF