The book takes a problem solving approach in presenting the topic of differential equations. It provides a complete narrative of differential equations showing the theoretical aspects of the problem (the how’s and why’s), various steps in arriving at solutions, multiple ways of obtaining solutions and comparison of solutions. A large number of comprehensive examples are provided to show depth and breadth and these are presented in a manner very similar to the instructor’s class room work. The examples contain solutions from Laplace transform based approaches alongside the solutions based on eigenvalues and eigenvectors and characteristic equations. The verification of the results in examples is additionally provided using Runge-Kutta offering a holistic means to interpret and understand the solutions. Wherever necessary, phase plots are provided to support the analytical results. All the examples are worked out using MATLAB® taking advantage of the Symbolic Toolbox and LaTex for displaying equations. With the subject matter being presented through these descriptive examples, students will find it easy to grasp the concepts. A large number of exercises have been provided in each chapter to allow instructors and students to explore various aspects of differential equations.
You may also like
A wealth of examples to which solutions are given permeate the text so the reader will certainly be active. The Mathematical Gazette This is the final book...
Probability, Stochastic Processes, and Queueing Theory The Mathematics of Computer Performance Modeling PDF
We will occasionally footnote a portion of text with a to indicate Notes on the that this portion can be initially bypassed. The reasons for bypassing a Text...
- Comprehensive Sampling and Sample Preparation Analytical Techniques for Scientists PDF
- Concepts & Calculations in Analytical Chemistry, Featuring the Use of Excel A Spreadsheet Approach PDF
- Editors Hilary Clayton Peter Flood Diana Rosenstein Clinical Anatomy of the Horse, 1st Edition PDF
- Elementary Mathematics from a Higher Standpoint: Volume III Precision Mathematics and Approximation Mathematics PDF
- Exploring Chemical Analysis 4th Edition PDF