Differential Geometry of Curves and Surfaces, Second Edition takes both an analytical/theoretical approach and a visual/intuitive approach to the local and global properties of curves and surfaces. Requiring only multivariable calculus and linear algebra, it develops students’ geometric intuition through interactive computer graphics applets supported by sound theory. The book explains the reasons for various definitions while the interactive applets offer motivation for certain definitions, allow students to explore examples further, and give a visual explanation of complicated theorems. The ability to change parametric curves and parametrized surfaces in an applet lets students probe the concepts far beyond what static text permits.
You may also like
A First course in Ordinary Differential Equations provides a detailed introduction to the subject focusing on analytical methods to solve ODEs and theoretical...
Differential Equations with Boundary-Value Problems 8th Edition strikes a balance between the analytical, qualitative, and quantitative approaches to the study...
Finding and interpreting the solutions of differential equations is a central and essential part of applied mathematics. This book aims to enable the reader to...
- Text Book of Integral Calculus by A.K. Sharma PDF
- Vibration in Continuous Media by Jean Louis Guyader PDF
- Kurzweil Henstock Integral in Riesz Spaces by Antonio Boccuto PDF
- Set Theory With an Introduction to Real Point Sets by Abhijit Dasgupta PDF
- Elementary introduction to the Lebesgue integral by Steven G. Krantz PDF