Geared toward students of applied rather than pure mathematics, this volume introduces elements of partial differential equations. Its focus is primarily upon finding solutions to particular equations rather than general theory. Topics include ordinary differential equations in more than two variables, partial differential equations of the first and second orders, Laplace’s equation, the wave equation, and the diffusion equation. A helpful Appendix offers information on systems of surfaces, and solutions to the odd-numbered problems appear at the end of the book. Readers pursuing independent study will particularly appreciate the worked examples that appear throughout the text.
You may also like
A wealth of examples to which solutions are given permeate the text so the reader will certainly be active. The Mathematical Gazette This is the final book...
Probability, Stochastic Processes, and Queueing Theory The Mathematics of Computer Performance Modeling PDF
We will occasionally footnote a portion of text with a to indicate Notes on the that this portion can be initially bypassed. The reasons for bypassing a Text...
- Math Teachers Survival Guide PDF
- ODE/PDE Analysis of Multiple Myeloma Programming in R PDF
- Mathematical Physical Chemistry Practical and Intuitive Methodology PDF
- Mathematical Analysis of Physical Problems PDF
- Bioinspired Superhydrophobic Surfaces Advances and Applications with Metallic and Inorganic Materials PDF