Linear and non-linear elliptic boundary problems are a fundamental subject in analysis and the spaces of weakly differentiable functions (also called Sobolev spaces) are an essential tool for analysing the regularity of its solutions. The complete theory of Sobolev spaces is covered whilst also explaining how abstract convex analysis can be combined with this theory to produce existence results for the solutions of non-linear elliptic boundary problems. Other kinds of functional spaces are also included, useful for treating variational problems such as the minimal surface problem. Almost every result comes with a complete and detailed proof. In some cases, more than one proof is provided in order to highlight different aspects of the result. A range of exercises of varying levels of difficulty concludes each chapter with hints to solutions for many of them.
You may also like
This book is an alternative and highly engaging introduction to the highlights of a typical undergraduate mathematics course. Building on very simple...
Elementary Mathematics from a Higher Standpoint: Volume III Precision Mathematics and Approximation Mathematics PDF
These three volumes constitute the first complete English translation of Felix Klein’s seminal series Complete has a twofold meaning here: First, there now...
- Geometry For Dummies, 3rd Edition PDF
- Geometry Through History Euclidean, Hyperbolic, and Projective Geometries PDF
- Handbook of Seafood and Seafood Products Analysis PDF
- Important Figures of Analytical Chemistry from Germany in Brief Biographies From the Middle Ages to the Twentieth Century PDF
- Perspectives on Projective Geometry A Guided Tour Through Real and Complex Geometry PDF