This book surveys the broad landscape of differential equations, including elements of partial differential equations (PDEs), and concisely presents the topics of most use to engineers. It introduces each topic with a motivating application drawn from electrical, mechanical, and aerospace engineering. The text has reviews of foundations, step-by-step explanations, and sets of solved problems. It fosters students’ abilities in the art of approximation and self-checking. The book addresses PDEs with and without boundary conditions, which demonstrates strong similarities with ordinary differential equations and clear illustrations of the nature of solutions. Furthermore, each chapter includes word problems and challenge problems. Several extended computing projects run throughout the text.
You may also like
Topics in Algebra and Analysis Preparing for the Mathematical Olympiad by Radmila Bulajich Manfrino PDF
The techniques presented here are useful for solving mathematical contest problems in algebra and analysis. Most of the examples and exercises that appear in...
The goal of this book is to publish the latest mathematical techniques, research, and developments in engineering. This book includes a comprehensive range of...
Updated and expanded, Discrete Mathematics for New Technology, Second Edition provides a sympathetic and accessible introduction to discrete mathematics...
- Mosby’s Review Questions and Answers For Veterinary Boards Clinical Sciences, 2nd Edition PDF
- Handbook of Functionalized Organometallics Applications in Synthesis Vol.1 PDF
- Introduction to Nuclear and Particle Physics by Ashok Das PDF
- Mechanics, Waves and Thermodynamics An Example based Approach by Sudhir Ranjan Jain PDF
- Modern Physics A Critical Approach by Canio Noce PDF