This book eases students into the rigors of university mathematics. The emphasis is on understanding and constructing proofs and writing clear mathematics. The author achieves this by exploring set theory, combinatorics, and number theory, topics that include many fundamental ideas and may not be a part of a young mathematician’s toolkit. This material illustrates how familiar ideas can be formulated rigorously, provides examples demonstrating a wide range of basic methods of proof, and includes some of the all-time-great classic proofs. The book presents mathematics as a continually developing subject. Material meeting the needs of readers from a wide range of backgrounds is included. The over 250 problems include questions to interest and challenge the most able student but also plenty of routine exercises to help familiarize the reader with the basic ideas.
You may also like
Topics in Algebra and Analysis Preparing for the Mathematical Olympiad by Radmila Bulajich Manfrino PDF
The techniques presented here are useful for solving mathematical contest problems in algebra and analysis. Most of the examples and exercises that appear in...
The goal of this book is to publish the latest mathematical techniques, research, and developments in engineering. This book includes a comprehensive range of...
Updated and expanded, Discrete Mathematics for New Technology, Second Edition provides a sympathetic and accessible introduction to discrete mathematics...
- Mosby’s Review Questions and Answers For Veterinary Boards Clinical Sciences, 2nd Edition PDF
- Handbook of Functionalized Organometallics Applications in Synthesis Vol.1 PDF
- Introduction to Nuclear and Particle Physics by Ashok Das PDF
- Mechanics, Waves and Thermodynamics An Example based Approach by Sudhir Ranjan Jain PDF
- Modern Physics A Critical Approach by Canio Noce PDF