This book is an alternative and highly engaging introduction to the highlights of a typical undergraduate mathematics course. Building on very simple principles, it develops these mathematical highlights, known to every well-rounded mathematician, in an intuitive and entertaining way. The aim of the book is to motivate and inspire the reader to discover and understand some of these truly amazing mathematical structures and ideas which are frequently not fully grasped, pass unnoticed or simply swamped in an undergraduate mathematics course. For the experienced mathematician the book offers refreshing, often enlightening, hindsight. For the novice it is an exciting intellectual journey.
You may also like
Seminal text presenting detailed accounts of the most important catalytic asymmetric reactions known today This book covers the preparation of...
One of the most widely used texts in its field, this volume introduces the differential geometry of curves and surfaces in both local and global aspects. The...
- Organic Chemistry Global 10th Edition PDF
- The Fractional Calculus Theory and Applications of Differentiation and Integration to Arbitrary Order PDF
- Large Dairy Herd Management 3rd Edition PDF
- Essential Practical NMR for Organic Chemistry 2nd Edition PDF
- Practical Lambing and Lamb Care 4th Edition PDF