This book covers various metallurgical topics, viz. roasting of sulfide minerals, matte smelting, slag, reduction of oxides and reduction smelting, interfacial phenomena, steelmaking, secondary steelmaking, role of halides in extraction of metals, refining, hydrometallurgy and electrometallurgy. Each chapter is illustrated with appropriate examples of applications of the technique in extraction of some common, reactive, rare or refractory metal together with worked out problems explaining the principle of the operation.
You may also like
This book introduces basic concepts of mathematical physics to chemists. Many textbooks and monographs of mathematical physics may appear daunting to them...
The chemistry and physics of group 14 elements such as silicon and germanium have been extensively studied, largely due to their fundamental importance in the...
The Instructor’s solutions manual to accompany Atkins’ Physical Chemistry provides detailed solutions to the ‘b’ exercises and the even...
- Discrete Mathematics with Applications 1st Edition PDF
- Functional Anatomy and Physiology of Domestic Animals 5th Edition PDF
- Introductory Chemistry in SI Units 6th Edition PDF
- Organic Chemistry Global 10th Edition PDF
- The Fractional Calculus Theory and Applications of Differentiation and Integration to Arbitrary Order PDF