Dr. Sophia Yin, author of the Small Animal Veterinary Nerdbook, is a veterinarian, applied animal behaviorist, author, and speaker. Her passion for animals and their proper handling and restraint led her to spend hundreds of hours on this project – a new book and instructional DVD set focused on the most humane techniques that reduce stress for people and pets.
The book and DVD feature:
- • More than 1,600 photos that show practicing veterinarians and students how to handle dogs and cats correctly.
- • Explanations of what vets think they’re doing right but may actually be doing wrong.
- • Three hours of video clips with voiceover narratives that show correct and incorrect handling procedures.
By using this training tool, vets will:
- • Be able to implement the most up-to-date handling techniques.
- • Learn how to restrain animals correctly through behavior modification that does not involve coercion, dominance, or other negative training methods.
- • Increase efficiency because patients will willingly comply with procedures.
- • Stop perpetuating behavior problems in patients.
- • Create a safer environment for themselves and and their team with fewer bites, scratches, and back injuries.
- • Improve the bond between vet, pet, and client.