Written by leading experts in veterinary endoscopy, this informative, practical guide to endoscopic imaging contains the latest information on indications, instrumentation, patient preparation and techniques. It offers valuable information on endoscopic equipment, anesthesia considerations, and guidelines for both beginning and advanced techniques. Coverage focuses on important areas such as rhinoscopy, bronchoscopy, thoracoscopy, cystoscopy, lower GI, upper GI, and more.
- More than 600 full-color photographs and technique drawings illustrate how to correctly perform endoscopic procedures and recognize normal and abnormal appearance.
- Introductory chapters provide an overview of effective endoscopy practice, including instrumentation options, anesthetic considerations, and biopsy handling.
- Detailed, extensively illustrated chapters cover endoscopic examination and surgery techniques for each anatomical region.
- Discusses future developments in the field as endoscopes become standard equipment in everyday small animal practice.
- Features the most complete overview of rigid endoscopy, an increasingly popular option that offers lower costs, reduced maintenance requirements over flexible endoscopy, and the rigidity needed to perform surgical procedures.
- Offers practical surgical interventions designed to help minimize trauma and meet the increasing demand for minimally invasive surgical techniques.
- Provides detailed coverage of endoscopic instruments including product recommendations that will save practitioners time, money, and frustration.
- Presents new and innovative techniques for using flexible and rigid endoscopes, enabling practitioners to get more use out of the equipment and offer clients a wider range of services.
- Includes practical guidance on the use of more than 30 different types of endoscopes.