Managing a veterinary practice these days is no easy task, and the changes that have taken place over the past years add to the challenge. Medical care is more specialized and advanced, clients are more educated and the workplace has become more diverse than ever. While there is no magic formula for practice management success, there are a lot of little things that can be done to achieve it. 101 Veterinary Practice Management Questions Answered is a handy reference that offers both new and experienced managers ideas and practical advice that can be implemented now, and provides additional references for the more complicated issues.
We asked you to let us know what questions you find most pressing regarding the management of your practice, then solicited answers from real managers working in the field. This resource motivates practice managers to seek out and implement small changes for the better throughout their practice, including those in the following areas:
- Financial management.
- Compensation and benefits.
- Hospital operations.
- Recruiting and hiring staff.
- Staff training.
- Hospital culture.
- Communication and teamwork..
- Evaluating and improving job performance.
- Motivating and retaining staff.
- Marketing and client service.
- Educating clients and increasing compliance.
- Increasing management effectiveness.