Saunders Handbook of Veterinary Drugs, 4th Edition includes entries for 550 drugs, with convenient appendices summarizing clinically relevant information at a glance. New to this edition are 25 new drug monographs and easy access to drug content on any mobile device. Written by clinical pharmacology expert Mark Papich, this handy reference includes a companion website containing more than 150 customizable handouts with special instructions for your clients. It helps you find the specific drug facts and dosage recommendations you need to treat small and large animals, right when you need them!
- Concise drug monographs are organized alphabetically and cross-referenced by classification, trade, and generic name, providing quick and easy access to key information for each drug including:
- Generic and trade names, pronunciation, and functional classification.
- Pharmacology and mechanism of action.
- Indications and clinical uses.
- Precautionary information adverse reactions and side effects, contraindications and precautions, and drug interactions ― all featured in colored boxes for at-a-glance retrieval.
- Instructions for use.
- Patient monitoring and laboratory tests.
- Formulations available.
- Stability and storage.
- Dosage information for both small and large animals.
- Regulatory information.