This concise, easy-to-read book outlines the basic principles needed to understand the chemical mechanisms of explosion. Covering detonation, deflagration, initiation, the latest theories on the production of “hotspots”, thermo chemistry, thermodynamics and kinetics, the text includes detailed formulations and reactions presented with thermo chemical calculations to aid understanding. The history, theory and chemical types of explosives are introduced, along with propellants, pyrotechnics and the most up-to-date information on energetic binders for explosive compositions. Covering all aspects of explosive chemistry from history to manufacturing techniques and formulation, The Chemistry of Explosives is a unique text which introduces difficult subjects in a readable manner. Ideal for A-level students and new graduates with no previous knowledge of explosive materials, it will also be useful to anyone needing succinct information on the subject.
You may also like
Inorganic Chemistry provides a sound foundation for undergraduate and graduate students in physical inorganic principles, descriptive inorganic chemistry...
With clear explanations, real-world examples and updated ancillary material, the 11th edition of Environmental Chemistry emphasizes the concepts essential to...
Brand New International Paper-back Edition same as per description, Economy edition, May have been printed in Asia with cover stating Not for sale in US. Legal...
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers, Standard Version by Paul A. Tipler PDF
- Thermal Physics Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics for Scientists and Engineers by Robert Floyd Sekerka PDF
- Theoretical Physics 3rd Edition by Georg Joos PDF
- Clinical Handbook of Feline Behavior Medicine by Elizabeth Stelow PDF
- Chemistry Structure and Dynamics, 5th Edition by James N. Spencer PDF