This captivating book is a story of the friendship between a genius physicist Wolfgang Pauli and Charlotte Houtermans whose career in physics was not as glamorous. They met in the late 1920s in Germany, at the very onset of the quantum era and personally knew all the major players in the emergent quantum world that was very much part of central Europe: Germany, Austria, Hungary, Denmark and Switzerland. And Charlotte was a student at Göttingen that was right at the heart.
You may also like
This book is about black holes, one of the most intriguing objects of modern Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics. For many years, black holes have been...
More than 40 million students have trusted Schaum’s Outlines for their expert knowledge and helpful solved problems. Written by renowned experts in their...
This book is a comprehensive text in the field of quantum mechanics, covering fundamental concepts including the state of a quantum mechanical system...
- Plasma Physics An Introduction to Laboratory, Space, and Fusion Plasmas by Alexander Piel PDF
- Physics of Solar Cells From Basic Principles to Advanced Concepts 3rd Edition by Peter Würfel PDF
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers, Standard Version by Paul A. Tipler PDF
- Thermal Physics Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics for Scientists and Engineers by Robert Floyd Sekerka PDF
- Theoretical Physics 3rd Edition by Georg Joos PDF