This graduate level textbook covers an especially broad range of topics. The book first offers a careful discussion of the basics of linear algebra. It then proceeds to a discussion of modules, emphasizing a comparison with vector spaces, and presents a thorough discussion of inner product spaces, eigenvalues, eigenvectors, and finite dimensional spectral theory, culminating in the finite dimensional spectral theorem for normal operators. The new edition has been revised and contains a chapter on the QR decomposition, singular values and pseudoinverses, and a chapter on convexity, separation and positive solutions to linear systems.
You may also like
Integral Points on Algebraic Varieties An Introduction to Diophantine Geometry by Pietro Corvaja PDF
This book is intended to be an introduction to Diophantine geometry. The central theme of the book is to investigate the distribution of integral points on...
Most abstract algebra texts begin with groups, then proceed to rings and fields. While groups are the logically simplest of the structures, the motivation for...
Is there anything more beautiful than an A in Algebra Not to the Lial team! Marge Lial, John Hornsby, and Terry McGinnis write their textbooks and accompanying...
- Elementary Textbook on Physics Vol 1by Landsberg PDF
- Introduction to Particle Physics by Dong Sheng Du PDF
- Canine Behavior, Insights and Answers, 2nd Edition by Bonnie V. Beaver PDF
- Modern Physics Paul A 6th Edition by Paul A. Tipler PDF
- Cambridge International AS, A Level Physics Revision Guide 2nd Edition by Richard Woodside PDF