his outstanding text by two well-known authors treats numerical analysis with mathematical rigor, but presents relatively few theorems and proofs. Oriented toward computer solutions of problems, it stresses errors in methods and computational efficiency, and it compares different solutions to the same problem.Following an introductory chapter on sources of error and computer arithmetic, the text covers such topics as approximation and algorithms, interpolation, numerical differentiation and numerical quadrature, the numerical solution of ordinary differential equations, functional approximation by least squares and by minimum-maximum error techniques, the solution of nonlinear equations and of simultaneous linear equations, and the calculation of eigenvalues and eigenvectors of matrices.
You may also like
This book offers the reader an overview of recent developments of integral equations on time scales. It also contains elegant analytical and numerical methods...
Now considered a classic text on the topic, Measure and Integral: An Introduction to Real Analysis provides an introduction to real analysis by first...
The book provides a comprehensive introduction to the mathematical theory of nonlinear problems described by elliptic partial differential equations. These...
- Chemistry Structure and Dynamics, 5th Edition by James N. Spencer PDF
- Physics of Magnetic Nanostructures by Frank J. Owens PDF
- Encyclopedia of Interfacial Chemistry Surface Science and Electrochemistry by Klaus Wandelt Vol 1 – Vol 7 PDF
- Basic Semiconductor Physics Chihiro Hamaguchi
- Basic Semiconductor Physics by Chihiro Hamaguchi 3rd Edition