He is the current vice president of the American Board of Forensic Entomology, and the current president of the North American Forensic Entomology Association. He is the first person to be elected president of both professional North American forensic entomology associations. Dr. Byrd is a bureau chief with the Florida Division of Agriculture and Consumer Services, and he serves as the associate director of the William R. Maples Center for Forensic Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine. At the University of Florida, he instructs courses in forensic science at the University of Florida’s nationally recognized Hume Honors College. He is also a faculty member of the Virginia Institute of Forensic Science and Medicine. Outside of academics Dr. Byrd serves as an administrative officer within the National Disaster Medical System, Disaster Mortuary Operational Response Team, Region IV. He also serves as the logistics chief for the Florida Emergency Mortuary Operations Response System. Currently he serves as a subject editor for the Journal of Medical Entomology. He has published numerous scientific articles on the use and application of entomological evidence in legal investigations.
You may also like
- Plasma Physics An Introduction to Laboratory, Space, and Fusion Plasmas by Alexander Piel PDF
- Physics of Solar Cells From Basic Principles to Advanced Concepts 3rd Edition by Peter Würfel PDF
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers, Standard Version by Paul A. Tipler PDF
- Thermal Physics Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics for Scientists and Engineers by Robert Floyd Sekerka PDF
- Theoretical Physics 3rd Edition by Georg Joos PDF