The Mathematics of Money: Math for Business and Personal Finance covers all the traditional topics of the business math course, but with a more algebraic focus than many of the texts currently on the market. The text develops a solid understanding of percent and interest early, then applies that foundation to other applications in business and personal finance. While it is appropriate for students of all levels, the book takes the approach that even if students are coming into the class with only high school math, neither they nor the instructor need to be afraid of algebra; it takes care to clearly present and reinforce the formulas given and to consistently return to them and apply the material to contexts that are relevant to the students.
You may also like
Gain a solid understanding of the principles of trigonometry and how these concepts apply to real life with McKeague/Turner’s Trigonometry. This...
The Golden Ratio examines the presence of this divine number in art and architecture throughout history, as well as its ubiquity among plants, animals, and...
- Mathematics with Applications in the Management, Natural, and Social Sciences 11th Edition by Margaret L. Lial PDF
- Intermediate Algebra 2nd Edition by Margaret L Lial PDF
- Mad About Modern Physics Braintwisters, Paradoxes, and Curiosities by Franklin Potter PDF
- Calculus with Applications, 11th Edition by Margaret L. Lial PDF
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers with Modern Physics 4th Edition PDF