This book presents problems and solutions in calculus with curvilinear coordinates. Vector analysis can be performed in different coordinate systems, an optimal system considers the symmetry of the problem in order to reduce calculatory difficulty. The book presents the material in arbitrary orthogonal coordinates, and includes the discussion of parametrization methods as well as topics such as potential theory and integral theorems. The target audience primarily comprises university teachers in engineering mathematics, but the book may also be beneficial for advanced undergraduate and graduate students alike.
You may also like
Calculus with Applications, 11th Edition by Lial, Greenwell, and Ritchey, is our most applied text to date, making the math relevant and accessible for...
James Stewart’s well-received Calculus Concepts and Contexts 2nd Edition by James Stewart follows in the path of the other best-selling books by this...
- Calculus with Applications, 11th Edition by Margaret L. Lial PDF
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers with Modern Physics 4th Edition PDF
- Precalculus 6th Edition by Margaret Lial PDF
- Mechanics of Materials, 8th Edition by Ferdinand Beer PDF
- Calculus Concepts and Contexts 2nd Edition by James Stewart PDF