The book provides a comprehensive, detailed and self-contained treatment of the fundamental mathematical properties of boundary-value problems related to the Navier-Stokes equations. These properties include existence, uniqueness and regularity of solutions in bounded as well as unbounded domains. Whenever the domain is unbounded, the asymptotic behavior of solutions is also investigated. This book is the new edition of the original two volume book, under the same title, published in 1994. In this new edition, the two volumes have merged into one and two more chapters on steady generalized oseen flow in exterior domains and steady Navier–Stokes flow in three-dimensional exterior domains have been added. Most of the proofs given in the previous edition were also updated.
You may also like
A wealth of examples to which solutions are given permeate the text so the reader will certainly be active. The Mathematical Gazette This is the final book...
Probability, Stochastic Processes, and Queueing Theory The Mathematics of Computer Performance Modeling PDF
We will occasionally footnote a portion of text with a to indicate Notes on the that this portion can be initially bypassed. The reasons for bypassing a Text...
- Real Life Math Everyday Use of Mathematical Concepts PDF
- Good Questions Great Ways to Differentiate Mathematics Instruction, 2nd Edition PDF
- Good Questions Great Ways to Differentiate Mathematics Instruction in the Standards Based Classroom 3rd Edition PDF
- Synergy in Supramolecular Chemistry PDF
- Inorganic Materials Synthesis and Fabrication PDF