Used in undergraduate classrooms across the USA, this is a clearly written, rigorous introduction to differential equations and their applications. Fully understandable to students who have had one year of calculus, this book distinguishes itself from other differential equations texts through its engaging application of the subject matter to interesting scenarios. This fourth edition incorporates earlier introductory material on bifurcation theory and adds a new chapter on Sturm-Liouville boundary value problems. Computer programs in C, Pascal, and Fortran are presented throughout the text to show readers how to apply differential equations towards quantitative problems.
You may also like
Finding and interpreting the solutions of differential equations is a central and essential part of applied mathematics. This book aims to enable the reader to...
Differential forms satisfying the A-harmonic equations have found wide applications in fields such as general relativity, theory of elasticity, quasiconformal...
- Calculus with Applications, 11th Edition by Margaret L. Lial PDF
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers with Modern Physics 4th Edition PDF
- Precalculus 6th Edition by Margaret Lial PDF
- Mechanics of Materials, 8th Edition by Ferdinand Beer PDF
- Calculus Concepts and Contexts 2nd Edition by James Stewart PDF