An ideal companion to the new 4th Edition of Nonlinear Ordinary Differential Equations by Jordan and Smith (OUP, 2007), this text contains over 500 problems and fully-worked solutions in nonlinear differential equations. With 272 figures and diagrams, subjects covered include phase diagrams in the plane, classification of equilibrium points, geometry of the phase plane, perturbation methods, forced oscillations, stability, Mathieu’s equation, Liapunov methods, bifurcations and manifolds, homoclinic bifurcation, and Melnikov’s method. The problems are of variable difficulty; some are routine questions, others are longer and expand on concepts discussed in Nonlinear Ordinary Differential Equations 4th Edition, and in most cases can be adapted for coursework or self-study. Both texts cover a wide variety of applications whilst keeping mathematical prequisites to a minimum making these an ideal resource for students and lecturers in engineering, mathematics and the sciences.
You may also like
Higher Engineering Mathematics has helped thousands of students to succeed in their exams by developing problem-solving skills, It is supported by over 600...
Complex Analytic Methods for Partial Differential Equations An Introductory Text by Heinrich G W Begehr PDF
This is an introductory text for beginners who have a basic knowledge of complex analysis, functional analysis and partial differential equations. Riemann and...
Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations Asymptotic Behavior of Solutions and Self-Similar Solutions by Mi-Ho Giga PDF
The purpose of this book is to present typical methods (including rescaling methods) for the examination of the behavior of solutions of nonlinear partial di...
- Plasma Physics An Introduction to Laboratory, Space, and Fusion Plasmas by Alexander Piel PDF
- Physics of Solar Cells From Basic Principles to Advanced Concepts 3rd Edition by Peter Würfel PDF
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers, Standard Version by Paul A. Tipler PDF
- Thermal Physics Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics for Scientists and Engineers by Robert Floyd Sekerka PDF
- Theoretical Physics 3rd Edition by Georg Joos PDF