This book aims to provide mathematical analyses of nonlinear differential equations, which have proved pivotal to understanding many phenomena in physics, chemistry and biology. Topics of focus are autocatalysis and dynamics of molecular evolution, relaxation oscillations, deterministic chaos, reaction diffusion driven chemical pattern formation, solitons and neuron dynamics. Included is a discussion of processes from the viewpoints of reversibility, reflected by conservative classical mechanics, and irreversibility introduced by the dissipative role of diffusion. Each chapter presents the subject matter from the point of one or a few key equations, whose properties and consequences are amplified by approximate analytic solutions that are developed to support graphical display of exact computer solutions.
You may also like
This book is an alternative and highly engaging introduction to the highlights of a typical undergraduate mathematics course. Building on very simple...
Elementary Mathematics from a Higher Standpoint: Volume III Precision Mathematics and Approximation Mathematics PDF
These three volumes constitute the first complete English translation of Felix Klein’s seminal series Complete has a twofold meaning here: First, there now...
- Geometry For Dummies, 3rd Edition PDF
- Geometry Through History Euclidean, Hyperbolic, and Projective Geometries PDF
- Handbook of Seafood and Seafood Products Analysis PDF
- Important Figures of Analytical Chemistry from Germany in Brief Biographies From the Middle Ages to the Twentieth Century PDF
- Perspectives on Projective Geometry A Guided Tour Through Real and Complex Geometry PDF