Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations (PDEs) have become increasingly important in the description of physical phenomena. Unlike Ordinary Differential Equations, PDEs can be used to effectively model multidimensional systems. The methods put forward in Discrete Variational Derivative Method concentrate on a new class of “structure-preserving numerical equations” which improves the qualitative behaviour of the PDE solutions and allows for stable computing. The authors have also taken care to present their methods in an accessible manner, which means that the book will be useful to engineers and physicists with a basic knowledge of numerical analysis.
You may also like
The computer implementation of the model is illustrated with a detailed line-by-line explanation of a system of routines in R (a quality, open-source...
Discrete mathematics deals with studying countable, distinct elements, and its principles are widely used in building algorithms for computer science and data...
- Geometry For Dummies, 3rd Edition PDF
- Geometry Through History Euclidean, Hyperbolic, and Projective Geometries PDF
- Handbook of Seafood and Seafood Products Analysis PDF
- Important Figures of Analytical Chemistry from Germany in Brief Biographies From the Middle Ages to the Twentieth Century PDF
- Perspectives on Projective Geometry A Guided Tour Through Real and Complex Geometry PDF