This concise book covers the classical tools of PDE theory used in today’s science and engineering: characteristics, the wave propagation, the Fourier method, distributions, Sobolev spaces, fundamental solutions, and Green’s functions. The approach is problem-oriented, giving the reader an opportunity to master solution techniques. The theoretical part is rigorous and with important details presented with care. Hints are provided to help the reader restore the arguments to their full rigor. Many examples from physics are intended to keep the book intuitive and to illustrate the applied nature of the subject. The book is useful for a higher-level undergraduate course and for self-study.
You may also like
A wealth of examples to which solutions are given permeate the text so the reader will certainly be active. The Mathematical Gazette This is the final book...
Probability, Stochastic Processes, and Queueing Theory The Mathematics of Computer Performance Modeling PDF
We will occasionally footnote a portion of text with a to indicate Notes on the that this portion can be initially bypassed. The reasons for bypassing a Text...
- Real Life Math Everyday Use of Mathematical Concepts PDF
- Good Questions Great Ways to Differentiate Mathematics Instruction, 2nd Edition PDF
- Good Questions Great Ways to Differentiate Mathematics Instruction in the Standards Based Classroom 3rd Edition PDF
- Synergy in Supramolecular Chemistry PDF
- Inorganic Materials Synthesis and Fabrication PDF