Games are seen only for recreation. However, this book shows that games can be used to strengthen problem-solving skills and beyond. This book presents strategy games and discusses for each one solutions towards a winning position in the game. In most cases, these strategies are analogous to problem-solving strategies in mathematics. Readers are also exposed to a wide variety of games from several different cultures, which will broaden the perspective of the readers.
You may also like
What does this have to do with real life? is a question that plagues mathematics teachers across America, as students are confronted with abstract topics in...
Expanded to include connections to Common Core State Standards, as well as National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) standards, this critically...
Now in its Third Edition expanded with over 100 new tasks and questions―this bestselling resource helps experienced and novice teachers to effectively and...
- Real Life Math Everyday Use of Mathematical Concepts PDF
- Good Questions Great Ways to Differentiate Mathematics Instruction, 2nd Edition PDF
- Good Questions Great Ways to Differentiate Mathematics Instruction in the Standards Based Classroom 3rd Edition PDF
- Synergy in Supramolecular Chemistry PDF
- Inorganic Materials Synthesis and Fabrication PDF