Intended for science and engineering students with a background in introductory physics and calculus, this textbook creates a bridge between classical and modern physics, filling the gap between descriptive elementary texts and formal graduate textbooks. The book presents the main topics and concepts of special relativity and quantum mechanics, starting from the basic aspects of classical physics and analysing these topics within a modern physics frame. The classical experiments that gave rise to modern physics are also critically discussed, and special emphasis is devoted to solid state physics and its relationship with modern physics.
You may also like
University Physics with Modern Physics, 12th Edition continues an unmatched history of innovation and careful execution that was established by the bestselling...
The goal of this book is to expose the reader to the indispensable role that mathematics plays in modern physics. Starting with the notion of vector spaces...
This book is for physics students interested in the mathematics they use and for mathematics students interested in seeing how some of the ideas of their...
- Elementary introduction to the Lebesgue integral by Steven G. Krantz PDF
- Organic Chemistry, 6th Edition By Marc Loudon PDF
- Finite Mathematics 7th Edition by Stefan Waner PDF
- Mathematical Physics with Partial Differential Equations by James Kirkwood PDF
- University Physics with Modern Physics 12th Edition by Hugh D. Young PDF