This book focuses on the basics of particle physics, while covering as many frontier advances as possible. The book introduces readers to the principle of symmetry, properties and classification of particles, the quark model of hadrons and the interactions of particles. Following which, the book offers a step-by-step presentation on the unified theory of electromagnetic and weak interaction, as well as the gauge theory of strong interaction: quantum chromodynamics (QCD).In sequential order of the book’s development, readers will study topics on the deep inelastic scattering and parton model, the mixing of electrically neutral particle and anti-particles of neutral K meson, neutral B meson and neutral D meson, the CP non-conservation, the charmonium, the exotic states, the glue-ball.
You may also like
In addition to his ground-breaking research, Nobel Laureate Steven Weinberg is known for a series of highly praised texts on various aspects of physics...
Richard Wolfson’s Essential University Physics, Third Edition is a concise and progressive calculus-based physics textbook that offers clear writing, great...
Practice makes perfect. The new 15th Edition of University Physics with Modern Physics draws on a wealth of data insights from hundreds of faculty and...
- Thermal Physics Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics for Scientists and Engineers by Robert Floyd Sekerka PDF
- Theoretical Physics 3rd Edition by Georg Joos PDF
- Clinical Handbook of Feline Behavior Medicine by Elizabeth Stelow PDF
- Chemistry Structure and Dynamics, 5th Edition by James N. Spencer PDF
- Physics of Magnetic Nanostructures by Frank J. Owens PDF