One of the field’s most respected introductory texts, Modern Physics provides a deep exploration of fundamental theory and experimentation. Appropriate for second-year undergraduate science and engineering students, this esteemed text presents a comprehensive introduction to the concepts and methods that form the basis of modern physics, including examinations of relativity, quantum physics, statistical physics, nuclear physics, high energy physics, astrophysics, and cosmology. A balanced pedagogical approach examines major concepts first from a historical perspective, then through a modern lens using relevant experimental evidence and discussion of recent developments in the field. The emphasis on the interrelationship of principles and methods provides continuity, creating an accessible “storyline” for students to follow.
You may also like
In addition to his ground-breaking research, Nobel Laureate Steven Weinberg is known for a series of highly praised texts on various aspects of physics...
Richard Wolfson’s Essential University Physics, Third Edition is a concise and progressive calculus-based physics textbook that offers clear writing, great...
Practice makes perfect. The new 15th Edition of University Physics with Modern Physics draws on a wealth of data insights from hundreds of faculty and...
- Thermal Physics Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics for Scientists and Engineers by Robert Floyd Sekerka PDF
- Theoretical Physics 3rd Edition by Georg Joos PDF
- Clinical Handbook of Feline Behavior Medicine by Elizabeth Stelow PDF
- Chemistry Structure and Dynamics, 5th Edition by James N. Spencer PDF
- Physics of Magnetic Nanostructures by Frank J. Owens PDF