This definitive textbook for equine veterinary nurses will be invaluable to all those involved in the care and management of sick horses. Endorsed by the British Equine Veterinary Association (BEVA), this book covers the syllabus for the new Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons equine veterinary nursing certificate. Key subjects include: medical and surgical equine nursing; equine stud medicine; basic equine management, and the theory underpinning all these and other important topics.The book also includes innovative chapters on nutrition, imaging, anatomy and physiology. The subject matter is presented in a clear and easily assimilated format, appropriate for all involved in equine nursing. The approach throughout is practical and the book is laid out in a user-friendly manner with copious diagrams and photographs.
- The first dedicated book on equine veterinary nursing.
- Written by equine veterinary surgeons and nurses.
- Authors include examiners for the equine veterinary nursing examination.
- Includes contributions from experienced veterinary nurses holding the equine veterinary nursing certificate.
- Case studies are used throughout to bring the theory to life.
- A useful reference for everybody in any veterinary practice doing equine work.