Beginning with quantum mechanics, introducing statistical mechanics, and progressing through to thermodynamics, this new text for the two-semester physical chemistry course features a wealth of new applications and insights, as well as new Mathematical Background inter-chapters to help students review key quantitative concepts.This is a splendid book. True to the authors’ philosophy as outlined in the preface, it approaches physical chemistry by first developing the quantum theory of molecular electronic structure, then by statistical arguments moves into thermodynamics, and thence to kinetics.
You may also like
Animal Behavior for Shelter Veterinarians and Staff presents and evaluates the available research and programs that address both animal and human behaviors...
Brooks Cole Laboratory Series for Chemistry and Chemical Education Resources teaches you the skills you need to easily complete your laboratory investigations...
Environmental Inorganic Chemistry for Engineers explains the principles of inorganic contaminant behavior, also applying these principles to explore available...
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers, Standard Version by Paul A. Tipler PDF
- Thermal Physics Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics for Scientists and Engineers by Robert Floyd Sekerka PDF
- Theoretical Physics 3rd Edition by Georg Joos PDF
- Clinical Handbook of Feline Behavior Medicine by Elizabeth Stelow PDF
- Chemistry Structure and Dynamics, 5th Edition by James N. Spencer PDF