The third of three volumes on partial differential equations, this is devoted to nonlinear PDE. It treats a number of equations of classical continuum mechanics, including relativistic versions, as well as various equations arising in differential geometry, such as in the study of minimal surfaces, isometric imbedding, conformal deformation, harmonic maps, and prescribed Gauss curvature. In addition, some nonlinear diffusion problems are studied. It also introduces such analytical tools as the theory of L^p Sobolev spaces, Holder spaces, Hardy spaces, and Morrey spaces, and also a development of Calderon-Zygmund theory and paradifferential operator calculus.
You may also like
A wealth of examples to which solutions are given permeate the text so the reader will certainly be active. The Mathematical Gazette This is the final book...
Probability, Stochastic Processes, and Queueing Theory The Mathematics of Computer Performance Modeling PDF
We will occasionally footnote a portion of text with a to indicate Notes on the that this portion can be initially bypassed. The reasons for bypassing a Text...
- Comprehensive Sampling and Sample Preparation Analytical Techniques for Scientists PDF
- Concepts & Calculations in Analytical Chemistry, Featuring the Use of Excel A Spreadsheet Approach PDF
- Editors Hilary Clayton Peter Flood Diana Rosenstein Clinical Anatomy of the Horse, 1st Edition PDF
- Elementary Mathematics from a Higher Standpoint: Volume III Precision Mathematics and Approximation Mathematics PDF
- Exploring Chemical Analysis 4th Edition PDF