In recent years the study of numerical methods for solving ordinary differential equations has seen many new developments. This second edition of the author’s pioneering text is fully revised and updated to acknowledge many of these developments. It includes a complete treatment of linear multistep methods whilst maintaining its unique and comprehensive emphasis on Runge-Kutta methods and general linear methods. Although the specialist topics are taken to an advanced level, the entry point to the volume as a whole is not especially demanding. Early chapters provide a wide-ranging introduction to differential equations and difference equations together with a survey of numerical differential equation methods, based on the fundamental Euler method with more sophisticated methods presented as generalizations of Euler.
You may also like
These three volumes constitute the first complete English translation of Felix Klein’s seminal series Complete has a twofold meaning here: First, there now...
Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations: Finite Difference and Finite Volume Methods focuses on two popular deterministic methods for solving...
Algebra is frequently called the gatekeeper subject. It lays the foundation for higher mathematics and is of utmost importance to engineering students. This...
- Comprehensive Sampling and Sample Preparation Analytical Techniques for Scientists PDF
- Concepts & Calculations in Analytical Chemistry, Featuring the Use of Excel A Spreadsheet Approach PDF
- Editors Hilary Clayton Peter Flood Diana Rosenstein Clinical Anatomy of the Horse, 1st Edition PDF
- Elementary Mathematics from a Higher Standpoint: Volume III Precision Mathematics and Approximation Mathematics PDF
- Exploring Chemical Analysis 4th Edition PDF